WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are sent by a website to a web browser which contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive or other device. This enables the website to identify and track the web browser. They usually identify the computer used rather than the individual user, but some cookies may contain personal information. Cookies can, among other functions, enable a website to recognise a device each time it visits, remember user preferences and recommend relevant content. You can read more about cookies here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Different cookies do different things and some are essential to the operation of a website, whilst others are not. Cookies can be categorised in the following ways:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the secure operation of our site. We use these cookies to remember your log-in for you and what items you've added to your shopping basket. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used to advertise products or services to you or remember where you’ve been on the internet.
Performance / Analytical cookies
These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our site and to see how visitors move around when using our site. This helps us to improve how it works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Sometimes these cookies are managed by third parties (see below for further information) but we do not allow these other parties to use the information collected other than for the reasons described.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our site, enabling us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences. Sometimes these cookies are managed by third parties (see below for further information).
These cookies record your visits to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site more relevant to your interests. These cookies help us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to control the number of times you see an advertisement. The information from these cookies is shared with third parties, such as advertisers. We have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to our site which is then used to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. You can opt-out of this by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Website: https://www.networkadvertising.org/
Cookies which are strictly necessary to the operation of our site are dropped onto your browser as soon as you visit our site. Non-essential cookies (including analytical cookies) are not dropped onto your browser until you have consented.
- To track whether the cookie banner needs to be displayed for a particular user;
- To make sure your logged in areas are secure;
- To remember what is in your shopping basket;
- To remember how far you are through the checkout process;
- To recognise you when you return to our site;
- To speed up your searches;
- To estimate our audience size and usage patterns; and
- To allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
We do not store information such as credit card details in the cookies we use, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of our site.
WHAT THIRD-PARTY COOKIES DO WE USE?
Third parties cookies are cookies operated by providers of external services like web traffic analysis services. These cookies are placed by the relevant third party and we have no control over these cookies other than allowing them to be served.
We are continuously altering the cookies on our site and testing new cookies. We have set out below the key cookie providers we use and why. If you would like more information on the specific cookies used please contact us using our details at the end of the policy.
- Google Analytics – We use their cookies to analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and shopping times. This information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience, and make our marketing campaigns relevant. Find out more about Google Analytics at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. You can find out how to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- TradeDoubler – We use their cookies to track advertiser sales and leads. These are used to anonymously record that a user has clicked on a TradeDoubler link that referred the user to our site. This information is collected in order to enable us to pay a commission to TradeDoubler and its affiliates for any sales they may drive on our site. More information on TradeDoubler, their cookies and how to control them can be found at http://www.tradedoubler.com/uk-en/privacy-policy/.
- BazaarVoice – We use their cookies to operate the product review mechanism on our website.
- AWIN – We use their cookies to track the effectiveness of affiliated marketing. Their cookies track click through from third party websites so we can assess where users are directed to our website from.
CAN YOU REFUSE OR OPT OUT OF COOKIES?
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would like to amend your cookie preference for this website you can usually change your browser settings to limit or prevent cookies. You should use your browser's 'help' function to learn more about how to do this. We have set out links to the opt-out pages of the most common browsers below:
Information link on how to manage cookies
Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you set your browser to not accept cookies, please note it may result in certain sections or features of our site not working properly and certain personalised services not being provided to you or users of your computer.
You can read about how to manage cookies here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. You can learn more about how to control cookies, including opting out of certain third party cookies here: https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options/. You can learn more about behavioural advertising here: http://youronlinechoices.eu/.
WHAT OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE?
We use other technologies which are not cookies, but which perform similar functions:
- Add This – We use this social sharing widget to enable visitors to share content with a range of social networking websites and platforms. It tracks and stores how many times a page has been shared.
- Fresh Relevance – We use this pixel to identify and retarget users.
WHEN DO WE MAKE CHANGES TO THIS POLICY?
HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
- Email us: email@example.com;
- Contact us: using the options included in this link: https://www.euroffice.co.uk/contact_us;
- Write to us: at Data Protection Officer, Euroffice Limited, Dome House 48 Artillery Lane, Spitalfields, London, E1 7LS.
Last updated: 2nd August 2018.